Monday, February 1, 2010

My Voice

Mon, Feb 1, 7:00am

Place:
Lying in bed. I've been awake for half an hour, mentally chatting at the Lord, thinking about posts I've already put on the new blog, reviewing all the details in His presence. I've been lying here long enough.

My prayer:
I don't know I don't know I don't know. Is this what I should do, Lord? It feels WAY too intimate.

Abba whisper:
Just show what it is to hear My voice.

Me:
This is too much me. I'll talk about You. But this is way too much 'me' to be comfortable.

Abba whisper:
People need it.

Me:
I don't want to cheapen it [talking to You]. And transparency is one thing. But this. This is too much.

Abba whisper:
And My Son?

Mental recollection:
Jesus in Gethsemane: The Son of Man, utterly transparent. [My argument is effectively invalidated.]

Me:
They'll think I'm nuts.

Abba whisper:
Do I care?

Me:
[mental laughter] No. [very long pause] Okay, You win. And, yes, I'm getting up.