Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Made You Laugh

Mon, Feb 1, 5:30pm

Place:

Sitting at internet computer. I’m yet again overwhelmed by relationship challenges and have been crying. I just posted a tweet:
"I am only as strong as I give God permission to be in me." ~ @PeterPollock // I'm SO needing to remember this today.

My prayer [still crying]:
I don't see how blogging prayer is going to work. I can't even share half the crap I'm bringing to You right now.

Abba whisper:
You think I'm not big enough.

Me:
I'M not big enough.

Abba:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Me:
God, can't You pick someone else?

Abba:
That line's never worked with Me.

Me:
[laughter through tears] Yeah, I know.

Abba:
I made you laugh. [pause] And there's a smile.

Me:
[with resignation] I eye roll You. [sigh, stop crying] Thanks. [wait a bit] Seriously, there’s no way I can share half this stuff.

Abba:
Share the other half.

Me:
I hate arguing with You. You always win.

Abba:
Uh-huh. [pause] You just smiled again.

Me:
You’re doing that on purpose.

[light bulb goes on]
You don’t want me to be sad.

Abba:
Huh-uh. [pause] Because I love you.

Me:
I know. [pause] I love You, too.