Friday, August 19, 2011

Not Worthy
Yet Willing

May one cross human authority and remain innocent?
Can the one condemned refute the plea of "guilty"?

Prosecuted
My defense inadmissible
Without the right to stand mute
I accept my judgment
I accept my consequences
I accept my shame

I shall not deny that I have heard the voice of my Judge
Neither shall I assert innocence in Thy sight


It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in princes.


Into Thy hands I commit my spirit
my soul
my all

If I retain any measure of favor in Thy sight
Give me courage to approach Thy throne
Permit Thy maidservant to yet wait upon Thee
Thy judgments and Thy mercy are never failing


I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the LORD.
The LORD has chastened me severely,
But He has not given me over to death.
Open to me the gates of righteousness;
I will go through them,
And I will praise the LORD.
This is the gate of the LORD,
Through which the righteous shall enter.


I remain most unworthy
Of all the goodness and all the truth
Received from Thy scarred hand

I remain most willing
To receive whatever comes from Thy hand
As seems fitting in Thy sight