Friday, January 22, 2010

Psalm 61

Fri, Jan 22, early morning

Place:
Sitting in front of our home's internet computer, staring at today's post for "Building His Body": FAILURE

Prayer:
Oh God, this hurts so much more than I expected. I already thought I couldn't hurt any more and now I do. I hardly ever open my Bible randomly but I don't even think I can hear You right now any other way. Please take me where I need to go.

Action:
Open computer Bible. Randomly slide right sidebar. Opens exactly to Psalm 61:1.

Scripture, Psalms 61 (NKJV):
To the Chief Musician.
On A Stringed Instrument.
A Psalm of David.
Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.
Selah
For You, O God, have heard my vows;
You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.
You will prolong the king's life,
His years as many generations.
He shall abide before God forever.
Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him!
So I will sing praise to Your name forever,
That I may daily perform my vows.

Prayer:
Yes, I do fear your name, Lord. You are my heritage. Thank You. Thank You for the shelter of Your wings. Thank You for the assurance and comfort of knowing You hear my crying. Thank You for providing what I need right now.