Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Absolved

We've won.

You, my Refiner, plunged me into the furnace. When the flames scorched, I flinched and struck out, for a moment in time, before I yielded to Your hand. When the fire brought death, I begged mercy and You paused, for a moment in time. When I thought the heat exceeded my endurance I looked to You, asking if we were finished. Ever patient, You asked if I was ready to begin. You are my Beloved—what could I ever refuse You? Blessed be Your name.

You, my Shepherd, led me into the valley of the shadow of evil. When the darkness closed in, I shut my eyes against it, stopping in my tracks. You are ever with me. You shall not forsake me. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me, drawing me into Your light. You lead me in paths of righteousness, for Your name's sake. Blessed be Your name!

You, my Creator, brought me forth through the waters and into Your land. I cast my eyes on the mountain tops where the sun's shining down, where Your streams of abundance flow. You taught me to walk across the desert place and the wilderness, on the road marked with suffering. You take away my breath and netsach, and leave me low. You give me dances and language without words, to lift Your name high. Blessed be Your glorious name!

Choice, Continuance, Consummation.
Forgive, Forgiving, Forgiven.
Absolved, Absolving, Absolved.

The battle is won.
The war is not over.
The victory is secure.

My heart will ever choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name.